Saturday, April 21, 2012

Oh, Say! Can You See . . . the Blackboard?



Today Mizz C. has two stories with happy endings about wearing glasses at school if you need them. 


Story #1: It was a dark and stormy day. Mizz C. was walking along with Mizz C, Junior, who pointed at the sidewalk: "Oh, look at that cute dachshund!" 

Only it wasn't a dachshund. It was a skateboard! 
That's when Mizz C. realized that Mizz C. Junior might need glasses. And she did! Pretty soon middle school got easier for Mizz C. Jr. She could see the blackboard! And she could tell the difference between a dachshund and a skateboard! 


Story #2: Mister Teacher, a blogger Mizz C. knows from the Internet, posted a story about eyeglasses, too

A Bit of Near-Sightedness
After I witnessed one of my kids get up and walk closer to the board to look at a problem for about the fourth time today, I had this conversation with him:


Me: Have you ever gone to the nurse to get your vision checked? To see if you maybe need glasses?
Student: Yes.
Me: Oh, well, did they say that you needed glasses?
Student: Yes.
Me: I see. Did you ever GET glasses?
Student: Yes.
Me: So do you have glasses here at school?
Student: Yes.
Me: Can you put them on??
Student: Yes.

Eye test over! 

1 comment:

  1. I remember that. Too bad my vision is still terrible. At least I know I have to wear my glasses now!

    ReplyDelete